Your privacy matters. We take personal data protection very seriously at mediaman GmbH (mediaman). We are especially committed to respecting your privacy regarding the confidentiality of your personal data. We take this into account in our business processes by exercising strict compliance with the legal requirements in our activities. We will collect and use your data according to data protection law, in particular the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
This Privacy Statement will explain how we collect your personal information and what we do with it. We keep exclusively to the stated purpose in every procedure involving collecting, processing and using personal information as described below. Controller for the above procedures:
Name: mediaman GmbH („mediaman“)
Address: Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 6131 2120-0
E-mail address: email@example.com
Court of registration: Mainz Municipal Court 14, Reg. No. HRB 6152
VAT ID according to the German Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §27a: DE 185195865
Data Privacy Officer:
Name: Tim Roller
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Processing personal data on websites
1.1 Collection and processing of personal data on websites
Certain items of data will be collected for technical reasons for us to deliver and present content on our mediaman website. Data stored by us or the website provider will include the following:
- The browser and browser version you are using
- The operating system you have installed
- The referrer URL – the website that referred you to ours
- The pages you have visited on our website
- How often you view individual pages on this website
- The Websites you go to from our website
- Access protocols such as error messages
- The current date and time of your visit
- Any search terms you might have used
- The amount of data generated
- The IP address your internet service provider allocated to you We will store this information for seven days in order to detect and prevent attacks.
We will only collect and store other personal information that you submit to us for a specific reason such as registering, filling out a contact form, or as required for contract performance. We will only store and process your personal data according to applicable legislation or on your explicit consent.
1.2 Use of personal data
We at mediaman will use your data when you visit our website for the following reasons:
- To present and deliver content
- To conduct statistical analysis
- To publish and improve our website
- To aid in technical administration of our website
- To protect our IT systems from attack
We will only use your data to the extent necessary.
We at mediaman will use the data you submit to us for registration, in a contact form, for contract performance for the purpose stated, and for:
- Customer management/li>
- Contract management and billing
We will only use your data to the extent necessary.
You may subscribe to our newsletter on our website. For this purpose, we only need your email address and a confirmation that you have read the declaration of consent and the privacy statement. In order to ensure that you are, in fact, the owner of the email address indicated and want to receive the newsletter, we use the so-called “double opt-in” procedure. In this procedure, you will receive a message containing a confirmation link once you have subscribed to the newsletter. It is not until you have clicked on the confirmation link that you are activated for the newsletter.
The sending of the newsletter and the statistical analysis are technically implemented via “MailChimp”, a platform of the provider
The Rocket Science Group, LLC
675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
For this purpose, information (such as your email address) are being stored on servers of this provider and used to send the newsletter and carry out a respective statistical analysis.
“MailChimp” could also use these information in order to improve their own services. However, “MailChimp” does not transfer the information provided by us to third parties. As a result of the data protection framework “Privacy Shield”, “MailChimp” is obliged to comply with EU data protection regulations. The privacy regulations of “MailChimp” may be found here:
“MailChimp” uses so-called “Web Beacons” (counting pixels), which allow for an analysis of your use of the newsletter. In this process, it is being stored if and when you opened the newsletter as well as if and which links you clicked.
Since the newsletter is dependent on your consent, you may withdraw this consent to the collection and storage of your data at any time without indicating any reasons. With that, you also withdraw your consent to the sending of the newsletter as well as the statistical analysis by “MailChimp”. For this purpose, please use the “unsubscribe link” provided in the newsletter.
Separate consent or separate withdrawal regarding the statistical analysis is not possible.
1.3 Deleting personal data
Your personal data will be deleted once the purpose for collecting and processing your data has ceased to apply. We will only store data beyond this as required by European Union regulations or German law. We will also process personal data in order to protect our own legitimate interests and those of third parties according to GDPR Art 6.1 (f).
1.4 SSL encryption
Our website uses SSL encryption for transmitting confidential or personal information. An example of where SSL encryption is activated would be when you register for our newsletter using our website. Make sure that your browser’s SSL encryption is enabled. You can easily tell that your browser is using SSL encryption by the https:// at the start of the address field. Third parties will not be able to read data transmitted using SSL encryption.
1.5 Cookies and Google Analytics
- By using our website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your device. A popup will inform you of this on your first visit to our website. You may also use our website without cookies, but this may prevent you from using all the features available on our website. You may delete any cookies already stored on your device at any time. You may also configure your browser to prevent any cookies from being stored on your device. Proceed as follows:
- Many browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically by default. Change this setting using the corresponding privacy setting for cookies in your browser. Please refer to the instructions for the browser on your device for details.
- You may delete cookies already stored on your device. Please refer to the instructions for the browser on your device for details.
- You can only refuse or delete cookies for the browser you are currently using. If you wish to refuse or delete cookies on every browser you use, you will have to configure each browser accordingly.
- We use the following cookies on our website following:
Cookie Name Description Duration _gat This cookie is used to throttle the request rate. One minute _gid This cookie is used to distinguish between users on our website. Twenty-four hours ga-disable-UA-37107177-1 This is an opt-out cookie to prevent tracking by deactivating Google Analytics from this Privacy Statement Unlimited cookie_notice_accepted Storage for cookie settings in the cookie layer One month
1.5.2 Usage data analysis
- We would like our website to be secure and usable. We use Google Analytics to help us identify your user interests and plan content more suited to your preferences.
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics will may send data to servers in the US. The EU-US Privacy Shield documents an adequate level of protection.
- You may opt out of having the data from your visit collected and analysed at any time. Please click the following link to opt out; this will store an opt-out cookie on your device to prevent your browser from collecting information when you visit this website:
Disable Google AnalyticsThe opt-out cookie will only apply to the browser you are currently using. You will have to store this cookie for each browser you use if you wish to opt out using more than one browser. Click the following link for more information: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
2. External service providers
We at mediaman use the services such as hosting from third-party service providers; these services involve personal data processing as described in this Privacy Statement. We have concluded data processing contracts with these third parties according to GDPR Art. 28 et seq. The companies will only process personal data as described here on our instructions and under our control at mediaman to ensure a proper level of data protection from all our contractors.
See below for an overview of our contract processors:
|Amazon Web Services (AWS)||Hosting Provider in Germany|
The following non-European service providers cannot completely guarantee that all data processing takes place inside the European Economic Area:
|Google Analytics, Google Maps|
The EU Commission has not yet reached a decision on adequacy in data protection in these countries. Either the EU-US Privacy Shield counts as an adequate level of protection, or mediaman has signed agreements with the non-European service providers listed using standard EU contract terms. This ensures an adequate level of data processing protection by these service providers. If you wish to receive a copy of these contracts, please write to mediaman GmbH, Datenschutz, Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Germany; or write us an e-mail at email@example.com.
3. Data security
We at mediaman have taken technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data that we maintain as the controller of the data. These measures represent the state of the art, and are subject to continuous improvement to keep in line with technological advances. The measures we use are aimed at protecting data confidentiality (protection against access by unauthorised persons), availability (protection against loss or destruction), integrity (protection against tampering) and authenticity (identity protection).
4. Revocation of consent, right of objection and correction
You may at any time revoke any consent you have previously granted for future effect. To do so, please write to us at mediaman GmbH, Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Germany, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Processing your data will be legitimate until you revoke your consent for us to do so.
You may always object to having your personal data processed due to:
- Public interest – GDPR Art 6.1 (e)
- Balance of legitimate interests – GDPR Art. 6.1 (f)
We at mediaman will only continue to your personal data if our reasonable grounds outweigh your interests.
On your request, we will immediately correct any incorrect data that we may have entered despite all efforts on keeping our data current, correct and complete. We will also supplement any missing information.
We will not charge you any costs for revocation, objection, correction or supplementation.
5. Right of objection with the supervisory authority
GDPR Art. 77 grants you the right to file an objection with the supervisory authority if you believe we are processing your personal data in violation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
6. Right to disclosure, deletion, objection to data processing, and data portability
GDPR Art. 15 grants you the right to disclosure on your personal data. GDPR Art. 27 grants you the right to deletion. GDPR Art. 21 grants you the right to object to data processing. GDPR Art. 18 gives you the right to restrict data processing. GDPR Art. 20 grants you the right to data portability.
Valid as of 25 May 2018